My Favorites

Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Novel, Part 92 Natalya's Greatest Desire

Aksinya fell into sin brought to it by the temptation of the new book of sorcery.  Natalya goes to wake her in the morning.

Natalya found her in the morning naked, with the book in her arms, and the covers thrown away from her. A small droplet of fresh water rotated next to the head of the bed. Natalya watched it for a long time after she pulled the covers back over her mistress. Natalya couldn’t get the nightgown back on Aksinya because Aksinya wouldn’t let go of her book.


Eventually, Aksinya woke. She stretched and pushed the book away from her. Aksinya turned to see Natalya staring at her.

Aksinya gave a great sigh.

Natalya pointed at the small globe of still rotating water, “It’s beautiful.”

“It is my sin,” Aksinya struck the water and it dissipated into the air.”

“I thought it was wonderful, mistress. You are truly a powerful and magnificent person.” She sucked on her lip, “When will you teach me?”

“I don’t wish you to be like me…”

Natalya’s eyes began to tear.

“I don’t mean it that way. These things I do are sin. They are sorcery. I harm my soul every time I act this way.”

Natalya looked away, “Then why don’t you stop?”

“I…I…I can’t stop. I can’t stop myself from doing these things. That’s the problem with me.”

Natalya reached out her hands. She paused a moment, then she grasped Aksinya’s fingers, “I want to be like you. Even if it is a sin. I wish to be just like you. I want to follow you forever.”

“Would you even follow me to hell?”

“I would gladly follow you to hell, mistress. I have already seen hell. If being with you is hell, then that is where I want to remain.”

“I don’t want to teach you these things because you will condemn yourself to hell. I too have seen hell, the real hell. It is not a pleasant place. Yet, I would have traded my soul to hell for my parent and siblings.”

“Countess, I would trade my soul to hell for you.”

“Then will you trust me when I tell you, I don’t want you to go to hell with me. I don’t want you to be condemned with me.”

“Still, no matter what. I want to be like you, and I want to be with you.”

Aksinya shook her head, “How can I convince you? What can I say to you?”

Natalya smiled, “There is nothing you can say to me. There is nothing you can do to convince me. Please teach me, countess.”

Aksinya sought to put her off, “It will take a long time. You must learn Latin. Before that, you must know German. You must be able to converse with the people here so you can learn in the school.”

Natalya smiled slyly, “Yes, Countess.”

Wearily, Aksinya finally climbed out of bed. Natalya poured her bath and dressed her. They both ate a late breakfast and walked the gardens. Natalya insisted Aksinya speak to her in German the entire time.

Aksinya can't seem to ever hide the results of her sorcery.  She is lucky she has a friend who keeps secrets well and takes care of her.  Note the picture I paint using description.  You know immediately what happened during the night--I don't have to expand on anything. 
 
The results of the sorcery are wonderful to behold.  Natalya is bewitched by it.  The problem of Aksinya's sin is that it tempts Natalya too.  Aksinya realizes this the moment she sees Natalya.  Aksinya tries to turn Natalya away from her her own sin.  The problem of sin is that the example of your peers or the ones you love are the greatest inducement to temptation.  Natalya can't help but want to be like Aksinya.  The conversation between Aksinya and Natalya turns immediately to Aksinya's problem.  Natalya sees Aksinya's issues as a quality.  She can see nothing wrong in Aksinya.  The skills of Aksinya tempts Natalya in every way.  Natalya tells Aksinya she would follow her to hell.  The consequences of the sin are nothing to those who follow or worship the sinner.  Natalya knows she can beat down Aksinya's defenses.  She knows what she wants and she wants to be like Aksinya even at the loss of her soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment