My Favorites

Friday, September 23, 2011

Marketing Materials - A Marketing Website, more after Publication

23 September 2011, Marketing Materials - A Marketing Website, more after Publication

Introduction: I realized that I need to introduce this blog a little.  I wrote the novel Aksinya: Enchantment and the Daemon.  The working title was Daemon, and this was my 21st novel.  Over the last year, I gave you the entire novel in installments that included commentary on the writing.  In the commentary, in addition to other general information on writing, I explained, how the novel was constructed, the metaphors and symbols in it, the writing techniques and tricks I used, and the way I built the scenes.  You can look back through this blog and read the entire novel.

I'm using this novel as an example of how I produce, market, and eventually (we hope) get a novel published.  I'll keep you informed along the way.  At this moment, I'm showing you the marketing material I put together for a novel.

Today's Blog:  When your novel is published, you should never post anything official about your novel without also including the basic information on your novel.  For example for my novel Aegypt www.Aegyptnovel.com:

     ISBN: 1602900132
     ISBN-13: 9781602900134
     Format: Paperback, 232pp
     Publisher: OakTara Publishing Group LLC
     Pub. Date: January 2008

This is the basic information cluster for your novel--that is with the title and author.  Make a place on your website to include this information and include it at some point, usually below the cover picture, on all your websites.

There is much more that should be on your novel's website.  I'll talk about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment