My Favorites

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Marketing Materials - more on A Marketing Website

18 September 2011, Marketing Materials - more on A Marketing Website

Introduction: I realized that I need to introduce this blog a little.  I wrote the novel Aksinya: Enchantment and the Daemon.  The working title was Daemon, and this was my 21st novel.  Over the last year, I gave you the entire novel in installments that included commentary on the writing.  In the commentary, in addition to other general information on writing, I explained, how the novel was constructed, the metaphors and symbols in it, the writing techniques and tricks I used, and the way I built the scenes.  You can look back through this blog and read the entire novel.

I'm using this novel as an example of how I produce, market, and eventually (we hope) get a novel published.  I'll keep you informed along the way.  At this moment, I'm showing you the marketing material I put together for a novel.

Today's Blog:  I showed you how I put together a website from the marketing material I developed.  However, there is much more to the websites I develop.

First, after it is published, this marketing website (www.AksinyaNovel.com) becomes the primary advertising website for the novel.  You can see completed examples of these websites at www.CenturionNovel.com, www.AegyptNovel.com, www.TheSecondMission.comwww.TheEndofHonor.com, www.TheFoxsHonor.com, and www.ASeasonofHonor.com.  These are my published novels.  You can also see how I've modified the sites when they were contracted.  These are at www.SisterofLight.com and www.SisterofDarkness.com.

Second, the marketing and advertising websites become places that fans of the novel can come to find more information.  I provide information from my notes.  I've used "secret" pages for this.  I'll talk about them later.

Third, I use the marketing/advertising pages for the books as places that potential readers can get the first chapter as a sample.

Forth,...there's more--I'll give it to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment