My Favorites

Monday, August 15, 2011

A New Novel, Part 315 Love Me

15 August 2011, A New Novel, Part 315 Love Me

For those who haven’t been following this blog, let me introduce it a little. I am currently blogging my 21st novel that has the working title Daemon. The novel is about Aksinya, a sorceress, who, to save her family from the Bolsheviks, called and contracted the demon, Asmodeus. Her family was murdered anyway, and she fled with the demon from Russia to Austria.

Dobrushin and Aksinya married.  They came to the room Dobrushin took in the hotel near the center of Wien.  The demon, Asmodeus, appeared and attacked Dobrushin but mortally injured Aksinya. The angel Raphael bound the demon and turned back the harm done to Aksinya... 

Raphael smiled, “Until you are one, there is no marriage in the eyes of God.”  With a flash and a low gonglike sound, the angel was gone.
Dobrushin lifted Aksinya in his arms.  She was chilled.  He laid her in the bed and undressed.  Then he gently tugged the ruined dress off her body.  His heart caught in his throat.  She was slim and wonderfully made, not the full curves of a woman, but the slight form of a dancer.  The crucifix lay between her small breasts and the burn scars caused by it permanently marked her chest.  Dobrushin slipped into the bed and pulled the covers over them.  Dobrushin held her left hand.  Scars covered it.  He kissed each one.  He held her cool body close to his and kissed her forehead then eyelids.  He felt her body begin to warm next to him.  She gave a start, and her eyes flashed open, “Where is the angel?”
“He has gone.”
She felt her body, “And I am whole… and naked.”  She turned toward Dobrushin and touched him, “And you are also naked.  Her breath caught, “Still, that is bad because I had more questions for him, but it is good, because I want you to love me.  Now is the time for you to truly marry me.  Kiss me, Dobrushka.”
He kissed her.
“Touch me here and here.  And kiss me there,” she moaned.  After a while she reached for him, “Can you tell.  I am ready for you.”  She lay back and her arms slipped around him.   He reached around her shoulders.
Dobrushin whispered, “I am as new to this as you.  I can’t find the right place, help me.”
Aksinya laughed, and moved her hands downward.  He pressed forward, and with a mutual gasp, they came together.  Aksinya wrapped her body around his and cried out with amazement.  She trembled over and over and then relaxed.  His body shuddered once then again and again.  Finally he lay still.  Aksinya held on to him and wouldn’t let him move.  She kissed him and kissed him again.  Finally, she let him roll to the side, but she still clasped him possessively.

From the beginning, you might never have guessed this could be a resolution.  In this scene, I produced a second climax to resolve the problem of the demon, and I gave the appropriate solution to Aksinya's desire.  Aksinya lost everything, but she gained Dobrushin.  She gained love and salvation. 

I also wanted to give you a scene that is unusual in literature--simply a scene of lovemaking between a husband and wife.  The novel appropriately resolves on many levels here.  Aksinya and Dobrushin's interaction is both moral and logical.  I also wanted you to see the innocence of their love.  My publisher might not let it stand, but here it is in this cut of the novel. 

In the first part of the scene, the description allows you to see Aksinya through Dobrushin's eyes.  Did you wonder?  He loves her.  She is not build like a model, but rather like a dancer.  I also wanted you to see the permanent marks on her body.  She paid the price for each one.  Dobrushin realizes this.  He honors her for her suffering, but also for her persistence and power.  Dobrushin was allowed to see the spiritual through Aksinya.

Aksinya's first thought is for the angel.  She wanted to speak to it.  I build the tension through Aksinya's conversation.  I show you their lovemaking through Aksinya's words.  She calls Dobrushin by a diminutive.  Almost the entire scene here is conversation, yet it conveys the most intimate of human action.  This is the use of advanced writing techniques to show and not tell.  Tomorrow, plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment