My Favorites

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Marketing Materials - A Marketing Website

17 September 2011, Marketing Materials - A Marketing Website

Introduction: I realized that I need to introduce this blog a little.  I wrote the novel Aksinya: Enchantment and the Daemon.  The working title was Daemon, and this was my 21st novel.  Over the last year, I gave you the entire novel in installments that included commentary on the writing.  In the commentary, in addition to other general information on writing, I explained, how the novel was constructed, the metaphors and symbols in it, the writing techniques and tricks I used, and the way I built the scenes.  You can look back through this blog and read the entire novel.

I'm using this novel as an example of how I produce, market, and eventually (we hope) get a novel published.  I'll keep you informed along the way.  At this moment, I'm showing you the marketing material I put together for a novel.

Today's Blog:  If you've been following along, we have a proposed cover, a long form of marketing information that includes a synopsis and some teasers, a short form of information with some teasers.  With this information, you can put together a simple website about your new novel.  That's just what I did at http://www.aksinyanovel.com/.

I use Microsoft HomePage to manage, design, and publish my websites.  There are more modern programs, but this one is simple to use, and I already have it.  To make a website, you just have to choose a style and cut and paste the elements on the page.  That's what I did to make http://www.aksinyanovel.com/.  It is really easy. 

You can use the cover proposal as a linking graphic from all over your websites, and, of course, you can use it as the main graphic for your novel's website.  That's what I did at http://www.aksinyanovel.com/

The information to populate the website comes directly from the marketing information I've already shown you how to develop.  You can see it at the site.

I'll write more about this book marketing website tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment