My Favorites

Monday, September 12, 2011

Marketing Materials - Websites

12 September 2011, Marketing Materials - Websites

I realized that I need to introduce this blog a little.  I wrote the novel Aksinya: Enchantment and the Daemon, the working title was Daemon, and this was my 21st novel.  Over the last year, I gave you the entire novel in installments that included commentary on the writing.  In the commentary, in addition to other general information on writing, I explained, how the novel was constructed, the metaphors and symbols in it, the writing techniques and tricks I used, the way I built the scenes.  You can look back through this blog and read the entire novel.

I'm using this novel as an example of how I produce, market, and eventually (we hope) get a novel published.  I'll keep you informed along the way.  At this moment, I'm showing you the marketing material I put together for a novel.

I showed you in the last week or so how to put together the initial marketing material.  I told you some uses for it.  Now, I'm going to show you how to put it to immediate use.

I think I mentioned about websites.  I'll give it to you again.  When you finish writing a novel and after you set the title, get the website for it.  If you can and want to get all the websites for the title.  Using Aksinya as the example, I wanted to get www.Aksinya.com, but that was taken.  I took www.AksinyaNovel.com.  I could also have taken www.AksinyaStory.com and www.EnchantmentoftheDaemon.com.  I put www.Aksinya.com on back order.  I've been able to get some of my book titles that way. 

The point is to get all the websites directly related to your novel.  I usually try to just get the main title, but as you can see, you can increase your marketing potential with many.  Since I have 21 novels, at about $10 every year to retain the websites, the cost is low.  If I had two per novel or more, the costs would go up significantly.  I'd like to own more websites, but until I have a bestseller that needs it, I'll continue my current policy.

So, after you've written your novel and set the title, get the website for the title.  Oh, by the way, there are many places to go to get a website, but I use www.GoDaddy.com.  I also use them for hosting.   

Tomorrow I'll write more about how to use the marketing information in websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment