My Favorites

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Marketing Materials - A Marketing Website, after Publication

22 September 2011, Marketing Materials - A Marketing Website, after Publication

Introduction: I realized that I need to introduce this blog a little.  I wrote the novel Aksinya: Enchantment and the Daemon.  The working title was Daemon, and this was my 21st novel.  Over the last year, I gave you the entire novel in installments that included commentary on the writing.  In the commentary, in addition to other general information on writing, I explained, how the novel was constructed, the metaphors and symbols in it, the writing techniques and tricks I used, and the way I built the scenes.  You can look back through this blog and read the entire novel.

I'm using this novel as an example of how I produce, market, and eventually (we hope) get a novel published.  I'll keep you informed along the way.  At this moment, I'm showing you the marketing material I put together for a novel.

Today's Blog:  After your novel is published, you can transition your page from prepublication marketing to post publication marketing.  You have the same purpose and desire, that is the marketing of your work, but you also can add the ability to sell your novel to your website.  The easiest method to accomplish this is through the various partnering and sales associate programs.  Amazon has one of the most popular of these.

Amazon's associate program allows you to design and embed various links and tools into your web page.  One example of the kinds of tools is on this page at the top.  If you look at my various novel webpages, you will see other examples of links and embedded tools.  These just provide your visitors a convenient means to buy your book.  There is much more that should be on your novel's website.  I'll talk about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment